Monday, June 9, 2014

The strength of Hysteria! + Base insider Ep 1

Hey all Rocket here,

Its been a while since my last blog post, so figured it was time to jump back in.

First off I wanted to talk about how amazed I am at the strength of our playerbase. The server took a major hit after the Bo and Ein dramas, but everyone has gotten through and over that amazingly. It just shows that with everyone banding together nothing can stop us!

Now my plan was to show you all pictures of my rebuild, as I figure its fair that you all see my base fixed as alot of you would have seen it destroyed in Bo's last youtube vid. The more I thought about this I came up with the idea of doing base breakdowns and walkthroughs, not only to show off the skill of some of our players, but to give each other ideas also.

So ill start with mine, I have named this site "Phoenix" as it has  been reborn from the ashes of what it once was.

Okay so first off the big thing for me and this building was the use of lava. I used the lava as both lighting (I dont like torches) and a big part of the security. If anyone was to try to glitch through the outer wall they would end up swimming in it.

I knew I wanted the room to be tall (Again for security, the only room access is at the top, so if anyone was able to break in, they would get stuck
down below) so once I had blocks selected for
the build, my next task was to find a wall design
I liked. The old base had the eye design as a floor
pattern, and I really liked that so I went with that.
Once again including lava for effect, and lighting.




My final issue was to find a way for myself and    
 my faction members to get around the base, and
to get to each of the rooms inside. I ended up
going with water, that has to be turned on to use.
I made the water flows far enough away that you
cant jump from them back onto the center platform
to get out.

My last problem on this build was how to stop the
water flowing all over the floor at the bottom.
Originally I had a dent in the floor to capture the
water, but it stuck out like a sore thumb. After
a while of ripping my hair out I came up with
a way to stop the water flowing everywhere,
and I was done! The first person to tell me
how I stopped the water going everywhere
will get $1000 in game cash! 


Okay that's me done for now. Let me know what you think of showing off Hysterian builds, or if you want your build to be the next one posted!

Rocketman_R10

4 comments:

  1. I know how you stopped the water from flowing Rio, but I will let everyone try to soak in deep thought before I go ahead and give the answer. As always have fun Hysterians
    ~Drewcraft9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phoenix's only die to create something greater, great job Rio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a couple seconds, but I believe you used a sponge. Drew's hint confirmed my guess.
    XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. RosebloomRed you got the answer correct he did use the sponge. Looks like Rio owes you $1000 iconomy money.
    ~Drewcraft9

    ReplyDelete